Friday, 2 January 2015

Acanthamoeba Keratitis Blog 5 (2/1/2015)

  • 83 days since first symptoms. 
  • 40 days until expected clearance date.
Hello there. Hope you are all keeping well and have had a good 2015 thus far. My eye has remained largely unchanged in the last two weeks. It's a lot better when compared to a month or two ago, but at this stage it's seemed to reach a static state of "It's fine". That said though, the doctor told me today that there are only a few micro-cysts left in my eye, which is definitely a good thing! There is, after three months, finally an end in sight. Who knows? Maybe my little guess-timation at the top of each blog post will be correct after all. Knock on wood.

There is still, as there always has been, the risk of a flare up. And if that were to happen, I'd be back to square one again. That would be completely and utterly heart-breaking. But, it's important to stay optimistic... albeit cautiously optimistic!

Beyond that, there's not really much else to share with you without delving into my personal life, but that's for another day. I'm looking forward to the blog post where I can finally declare that I am free of Acanthamoeba Keratitis. Could be a month, could be 6 months, could be a year, could be 6 years. One of the most irritating things about this disease is how unpredictable it is. But at least with the direction it seems to be going, it looks like there could be an end in sight soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment